The Yorktown Depot
The Putnam Railroad began business as the New York and Boston Railroad on May 21, 1869. Its goal was to link Westchester and Putnam counties with railroad lines serving upstate New York and New England into Canada. Yorktown Heights was a main stop on the “Old Put“ line. Although the Putnam Line ceased to run at the beginning of the 20th century, the old railroad depot still stands at the center of Yorktown Heights and has been declared a national landmark. The goal of the Yorktown Depot Restoration Project is to restore and preserve the Yorktown Heights Railroad Depot and ensure public access to a landmark structure that identifies the Town’s past.
Ways to Donate
Help restore the Yorktown depot! Donate today!
Quick Donate Form
Donations may also be sent to:
Friends of the Yorktown Depot
c/o Yorktown Historical Society
P.O. Box 355
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Please make checks payable to: Yorktown Historical Society.
All donations are tax free to the extent allowable by law.
For more information about the railroad depot and restoration project please visit the Friends of the Yorktown Depot website.